BORA – Argon 18 will race Paris-Roubaix this year for the 6th consecutive time. Argon 18 provides the German Squad with optimized bikes for the "Queen of the Classics".
Based on the team’s Gallium road bike the experts from Montreal built a special prototype, exclusively for the pro team. Here are 6 tested configurations for the bike the team will ride through the Hell of the North.
1. Reworked chain stays and new lay-up for the front fork in order to improve absorption of vibrations and impacts.
2. Increased tire clearance to fit Vision’s Metron 40 wheels with the Vittoria Pave 28mm, pumped to 5.5-6.0bar.
3. Some riders will opt for double-taped Prologo bar tape to provide added comfort.
4. On-bar remote shifters of the Shimano DuraAce Di2 and an extra on-bar brake lever secure a proper bike handling on the cobbles.
5. Removed bodies on the Speedplay Zero Pavé pedals ensure a trouble-free handling with dirty cleats.
6. Taped Tacx Deva bottle cages prevent bouncing bottles on the cobbled sectors.
The 114th edition of the most famous one-day race will take place on April 10th. BORA – Argon 18 was awarded of the 7 wildcards to take part in the event.