Nine days before Kona! Meet Michelle Andres, an American Argonette. Mother of 5, full-time teacher, and an excellent triathlete! Congrats and good luck, Michelle. #GoingTheExtraMile
- Michelle Andres
- Mom of 5 teenage sons and full time teacher
- Age 39
- 13 years as a triathlete
- Career highlights / How many Kona World Championship
- 2013: 3rd in the 35-39 age group at the world champs
- 2015: IM Wisconsin overall female winner
- 2016: IM Canada 35-39 AG winner an 3rd overall female.
- Second participation in the World Championship
- Bike: E119Tri+
- Bike set-up (see picture below)
- Speciality: bike and run
- Personal saying
- "No Regrets. Be brave and take risks. Believe."
- Bike split objective
- "To be as aero and fast as possible. I love riding my bike, even when it gets ugly that last hour.
- Favourite food during the race:
- Liquid calories. After I cross the finis line it's a different story!
- Superstition/preparation ritual:
- "I like to arrive early and become pretty quiet in those last days. I spend a lot of time visualizing the race and going through each aspect and obstacle of the race."